Our Emergency and Trauma team — including staff from prehospital, emergency, intensive care, surgery and rehab — is providing peace of mind for families throughout the region.
Answering the call across the region.
With an expert team led by our experienced Trauma Medical Directors, we're always finding ways to improve triage time. From door-to-doctor, we're focused on delivering more efficient emergency care.
Offering Level II adult and pediatric trauma centers, the American College of Surgeons has verified that Lutheran provides 24/7 trauma care that spans the continuum of care, from prevention to rehabilitation.
Lutheran Hospital has also received the highest level of chest pain center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services.
Excellent care is provided by multiple disciplines, transcending normal departmental hierarchies. Here are a few examples of our 24/7 commitment:
- Our Trauma Center Medical Directors have more than 50 years of Combined Trauma Experience
- Multidisciplinary Team at Bedside upon Patient's Arrival
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanner and Staff
- Operating Rooms and Staff
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Trained/Board- Certified Emergency Physicians
- Anesthesia (In-Hospital)
- 15-minute Response Time for Trauma Surgeons for Level II Traumas
- Backup Trauma Surgeon On-Call
- Orthopaedic Surgeon (with Backup Surgeon On-Call)
- Neurosurgeon (with Backup Surgeon On-Call)
- Our Trauma Nurses receive special training, including Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) and More
Stop the Bleed: Save a Life
The top cause of preventable death in trauma is bleeding. Everyone should be able to take the appropriate steps to control bleeding until help arrives.
- Apply immediate, direct pressure to the wound with both hands and with any available clean cloth
- Elevate the wound above the individual's heart
- Continue to hold pressure until bleeding is controlled or help arrives
- Apply a tourniquet (for arms and legs)
- Call 911
Call (260) 435-2500 or (260) 435-7227 for more information or to schedule an individual or group training session.