Lutheran Hospital’s New Fifth Floor Addition Ahead of Schedule
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Thursday, Sept. 1, 2011) – Lutheran Hospital’s addition of a fifth floor is expected to be complete Nov. 11. Patients will be moved to the fifth floor in December after new furniture and equipment are delivered and installed. Lutheran’s fifth floor will feature 96 private rooms including 24 dedicated to intensive care and the rest to telemetry. One of the four pods is designated exclusively to the care of patients with congestive heart failure.
The $42.3 million, 58,649-square-foot project began May 2010. It is the largest phase of a hospitalwide effort that includes a conversion to all private rooms. Additional renovations at Lutheran are expected to be wrapped up in 2012.
• One elevator has been added to bring the total to eight
• Seven elevators have been extended
• Six stairways have been extended
• 750 different workers onsite to-date
• 260’ tower crane erected in an existing stairwell reaching a height of 150’
• 15,000 sq. ft. is approximate size of each pod