Lutheran Health Network Associates Help Alleviate Holiday Hunger
• The associates of Lutheran Health Network donated nearly 2,280 turkeys to Community Harvest Food Bank to provide holiday meals to our neighbors in need.
• Lutheran Health Network’s Christmas gifts to all employees were 15-pound turkeys valued at $16.50 each. Employees also had the option to donate theirs to the food bank.
• All LHN members in Allen County participated including Lutheran Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital, Dupont Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, RediMed, Lutheran Medical Group and St. Joseph Medical Group.
• “Life-changing care can be delivered in many ways and for us it often extends beyond the four walls of our facilities,” said Brian Bauer, CEO, Lutheran Health Network. “The vital needs Community Harvest works to fulfil exist year-round, so we hope this effort helps inspire others to do what they can to support the fight against hunger. Whether it’s a canned food drive led by our nurses or the donation of a turkey that could have just as easily ended up on their own dinner table, LHN associates have a knack for placing the needs of others before their own.”
• Jane Avery, Community Harvest’s Executive Director expressed, “Community Harvest Food Bank is so appreciative of the generosity and genuine expression of Christmas spirit demonstrated by the associates of Lutheran Health Network through their donation of turkeys. Our network of member agencies and those we all serve are deeply moved and are so thankful. These turkeys will ensure that our neighbors in need, many of whom face daunting medical issues and accompanying costs, will be able to have a fantastic turkey dinner in their homes this Christmas!”
• All turkeys were received and have been distributed to Community Harvest’s network of more than 400 member agencies just in time for the holidays.
Contact: Sara Koerner, Community Harvest Food Bank, Office: 260.447.3696 or
Cell/Text: 260.403.6912, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lutheran Health Network
Lutheran Health Network is a taxpaying, integrated healthcare delivery system and one of the largest employers in the region. LHN encompasses eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds, including 793 in Allen County alone. The foundation of LHN is an experienced team consisting of 7,000 associates working together to deliver life-changing care. Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized services through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of LHN allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable LHN to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the highest levels of choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
About Community Harvest Food Bank
Community Harvest Food Bank “seeks to alleviate hunger through the full use of donated food and other resources.” Community Harvest Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in northeast Indiana. Community Harvest Food Bank serves 21,100 people weekly and distributes nearly 13 million pounds of food annually. Community Harvest Food Bank has served northeast Indiana since 1983 and continues to proudly serve the community as the only AIB certified Indiana Food Bank.