The Lutheran Heart Center
When it comes to your health and wellness, we're here for you. Here, you'll learn more about our advanced procedures, ranging from cardiac catheterizations and heart transplants to life-changing treatments for Atrial Fibrillation.
full spectrum of cardiac services
Lutheran Hospital's experienced specialists and dedicated staff have delivered innovative cardiac care to area residents for decades. Lutheran is the only hospital in northern Indiana, and one of only three in the state, implanting ventricular assist devices and performing heart and kidney transplants. The hospital's full spectrum of cardiac services includes:
- heart failure treatment in a dedicated inpatient unit
- aquapheresis, an innovative therapy for fluid overload
- management of complex heart rhythm disorders in the EP suite
- ventricular assist device implantation
- an established heart transplant program in place since 1985
- pacemaker and ICD placement and care
- minimally invasive surgery for heart and blood vessel disorders
- collaborative procedures performed in the hybrid cath lab
- bypass, valve replacement and other procedures
- testing to evaluate coronary artery disease
- diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations
A proud tradition of heart care
On the heels of its 100th anniversary, Lutheran Hospital maintains its proud tradition of heart care that includes numerous city, state, national and even international "firsts." Even before establishing the region's first Coronary Care Unit in 1967, Lutheran Hospital was keenly aware of the special needs of heart patients and their families. Lutheran is home to the region's only heart and kidney transplant program. Through periods of exciting change, the Lutheran Heart Center has continued to build relationships with local physicians and medical professionals who share a passion for providing the knowledge, skill and technology needed to remain on the cutting edge of heart care.
The Lutheran Heart Center has a long and storied history of innovative heart care. This tradition continues to evolve in new and exciting ways. Drug-eluting coronary stents, pioneering artificial heart placement and fast, efficient care in the emergency room are just a few examples of how Lutheran Hospital strives for excellence.
With tools like the cardiac MRI, Lutheran continues a commitment to diagnosing problems earlier, when there may be more opportunity for effective treatment.