Our Emergency and Trauma team — including staff from prehospital, emergency, intensive care, surgery and rehab — is providing peace of mind for families throughout the region. With Verified Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Centers, we're able to deliver optimal care for critical patients of all ages.
Lutheran Hospital has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Answering the call across the region.
With an expert team led by our experienced Trauma Medical Directors, we're always finding ways to improve triage time. From door-to-doctor, we're focused on delivering more efficient emergency care.
As a Level II Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, the American College of Surgeons has verified that Lutheran provides 24/7 trauma care that spans the continuum of care, from prevention to rehabilitation. Excellent care is provided by multiple disciplines, transcending normal departmental hierarchies. Here are a few examples of our 24/7 commitment:
- Our Trauma Center Medical Directors have 52 Years of Combined Trauma Experience
- Multidisciplinary Team at Bedside upon Patient's Arrival
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanner and Staff
- Operating Rooms and Staff
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Trained/Board- Certified Emergency Physicians
- Anesthesia (In-Hospital)
- 15-minute Response Time for Trauma Surgeons for Level II Traumas
- Backup Trauma Surgeon On-Call
- Orthopaedic Surgeon (with Backup Surgeon On-Call)
- Neurosurgeon (with Backup Surgeon On-Call)
- Our Trauma Nurses receive special training, including Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) and More