Advanced Imaging Capabilities at Lutheran Heart Center
Lutheran Heart Center offers some of the most advanced cardiac and vascular imaging for improved diagnosis of heart and vascular conditions. With a commitment to state-of-the-art imaging, our specialists not only use the same advanced technology as an academic medical center, but have the training and technical expertise for more accurate diagnostics.
CardioRisk is a noninvasive, painless scanning technology that measures the extent of coronary calcium atherosclerosis (plaque buildup) in the coronary arteries.
Advanced imaging capabilities offered through Lutheran’s radiology department are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and include:
- Low-dose CT coronary angiography (CCTA)
- CT angiogram (CTA) of all vessels
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Contrast and non-contrast magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA)
- Non-contrast MRA renal artery screening for stenosis
- 3-D imaging lab
- Nuclear myocardial studies
All echocardiography services are accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) and include the following:
- Adult, pediatric and fetal transthoracic echocardiography (ATTE, PTTE, FTTE)
- Exercise stress and Dobutamine stress echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- 3-D echocardiography
Lutheran Hospital has the only accredited stress echo lab in northeastern Indiana, the only accredited fetal echo lab in Indiana and one of only three accredited pediatric echo labs in the state.
Multi-disciplinary Approach for Expert Diagnosis
Our non-invasive cardiology team at Lutheran Heart Center includes a range of professionals to better diagnose heart and vascular conditions. Working together, our board-certified cardiologists, cardiac-trained registered nurses, cardiac sonographers, cardiovascular technicians and EKG technicians provide an expert diagnosis to move forward with an individualized treatment plan.