Cancer Navigator Services
We believe in focusing on one patient, one cancer at a time. Our oncology-certified nurse navigators are here to help provide direction, support and encouragement to help patients chart a course. Nurse navigators help patients and families from initial diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
What is a Cancer Navigator?
- An oncology-certified nurse who works with patients, families and physicians to help the cancer patient "navigate" the healthcare system.
- Your cancer navigator assists in arranging and maintaining communication between patients and their families, as well as physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- This is a free service offered by the Lutheran Cancer Resource Center.
Your personal cancer navigator can help with:
- Understanding your diagnosis and explaining treatment options
- Coordinating appointments with physicians
- Emotional support
- Connection to resources for transportation, medication and spiritual needs
- Connection with services such as nutritional counseling, physical therapy, clinical trials, genetic testing, financial assistance, home healthcare and support groups
- Assisting communication between you, your family and physicians
- Removing any roadblocks that may hinder your care