Visiting policies are designed to protect each patient’s privacy and provide them with much-needed rest.
Quiet hours are observed daily from 2:30-4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.-7 a.m. During this time, the lights are dimmed and noise is kept to a minimum to help patients rest. Visitors are asked to leave by 2:30 p.m. and return after 4:30 p.m.
Specific visiting hours have been established for the following areas:
- All adult intensive care units (medical-surgical, coronary and cardiovascular):
9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 4:30-7 p.m. and 8-9 p.m.
- Pediatrics and pediatric intensive care: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Parents only from 7-8 a.m. and 7-8 p.m.
Quiet time 12:30-2:30 p.m. (instead of 2:30-4:30 p.m.)
- The Birthplace: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. for extended family and friends. Visiting hours are not restricted for mom’s support person.
- The number of visitors may be limited based on a patient’s condition or location. Please ask when you arrive on the unit.
- All visitors must wash their hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Anyone with symptoms of a cold or other illness should not visit.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Visitors may be asked to move to a waiting area. If this occurs, it is for the immediate well-being of the patient.
- Smoking, as well as the use of electronic cigarettes, is not permitted on the Lutheran Medical Park campus.
- Firearms, weapons, alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on hospital premises.
- Lutheran Hospital reserves the right to remove any person from the premises if dangerous, disruptive or otherwise unacceptable behavior is displayed.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Please check with a nurse before bringing any food or drink to a patient. Many patients are on restricted diets, which may be necessary for tests and procedures.
BALLOONS, FRESH FLOWERS AND PLANTS
Latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospital due to common latex allergies. Mylar balloons are permitted. In addition, some patients can’t receive fresh fruit, flowers or live plants. Ask a staff member before delivering any of these items to a patient.
CELL PHONES AND SMART PHONES ARE:
- Permitted in waiting rooms and general patient care areas
- Prohibited in critical care areas
- Prohibited within three feet of any medical equipment
Please set your phone to mute/vibrate while visiting the hospital. Use lounges and common areas for telephone conversations, rather than talking in the hallway outside a patient’s room.
FREE VALET PARKING is available at Lutheran’s main entrance Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Vehicle parking closes at 6 p.m., but retrieval continues until 7 p.m. After that time, keys are available at the security desk, located in the emergency department.